AASHTO R 63-13 (2017) provides guidance to engineers in the specification of HDPE conduit used in buried applications for the protection of power cables for use in highways, airport lighting, traffic control and fiber optic data and command and control applications in State Transportation Projects.
This standard practice covers conduit used in the following manner:
- HDPE pipe used as a casing for the protection of smaller individual condui9ts, innerducts, in road crossings;
- HDPE conduit in coils, on steel reels, or in straight sticks; and
- CIC (cable in conduit), when power cable (conductors), CATV (coaxial), or fiber optic cable is installed in the conduit at the conduit manufacturing facility.
- HDPE pipe is commonly installed in standalone duct installations for the protection of power cable, CATV, or fiber optic cable.
- HDPE pipe is commonly installed in standalone duct applications for road crossings when the bury depth is sufficient to avoid degration effects to the road.
- HDPE pipe is commonly installed in standalone duct applications parallel to the roadway.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 1.6 MB
- Product Code(s):
- R063-13-UL, R063-13-UL, R063-13-UL